APA Research Center of Birjand University began its activities since 2012 to support the ever increasing need to academic research in the area of computer security in Iran.
APA is the short term of the first three letters of these words: Awareness, Patronage and Assistance. APA Research Center was founded to pursue the following objectives:
- Raising awareness and understanding of security issues among users and providers of the cyberspace.
- Support for the creation and usage of appropriate technology for resisting against cyber-attacks, limit the damages, and also confidence in continuity of critical cyber services.
- Assist to identify and fix vulnerabilities in computer and networks systems.
- Digital forensics and incident response
- Web and Network Penetration Testing
- Static and Dynamic Malware Analysis
- Hardening of Operating System and Network
- Information Security Training
- Security Operations Center (SOC) Tools Develop